What are you grateful for today, this week, in general? If you stop and take a moment to focus, life is incredibly abundant. I like to journal my gratitude so I can look back on it on days that I’m feeling a bit blah. A gratitude journal is a great practice to incorporate into your every day. It’s truly amazing how writing down what you’re thankful for can raise your vibration and change your perspective.
Try keeping a simple gratitude journal this week. Grab a notebook and set aside some time in the morning or as part of your bedtime routine — or both! It doesn’t need to be super complicated. Keep it simple: list three random things each day that you are grateful for. Ie. Your job, coffee, your cozy bed. Sometimes you’ll end up with more. Abundance, my friends — it’s all around us!
Or you can get a little bit more creative and deep dive into your gratitude with some of these prompts. Take some time to think and reflect on your life and some of the positive things in it!
The Gratitude List
- Who is a person you are grateful for and why?
- Describe a place or space in your home that makes you happy.
- Share a quote that always makes you smile.
- What is something you are looking forward to?
- What is something you are loving reading or listening to?
- Write down your favourite part of yesterday.
- List your favourite meal you had this week.
- What is something or someone you are proud of?
- Name something beautiful outside your window.
- What is something you look forward to each day?
- What is one of your strengths?
- Name someone who loves you.
- Write about something that made you laugh recently.
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What is something you wished for years ago that you have today?
- Name your favourite experience of this last year.
- Share something you are proud of or a time that you were brave.
- What is something new that you have learned how to do recently?
- Who is a person that is always kind to you?
- Name one thing you like about your body or appearance.
- Who is the last person to do you a favour or help you out somehow?
- What is your favourite memory of your childhood?
- What is one good thing about where you live?
- Describe a smell that always makes you smile — what about a sound, song, or sensation?
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
- Name an item or food that brings you comfort.
- Describe something weird or random that brings you joy!
- What is your favourite social media platform? Account or friend?
- Describe the last time you truly felt at peace.
Personally, I’m so grateful for YOU, the JMF community! Thank you for lifting me up this year (and always) and sharing your fitness journeys with me. xo