It’s coming to that time of year where — even in pandemic times — it’s time to eat, drink and be merry. The calories from the alcohol in cocktails and other beverages can creep on us, as can the effects of over-indulgence. But that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a nice beverage. Let me introduce you to my friend, the mocktail — specifically the “Well-behaved” Detox Mocktail.
A fun spin on lemon detox water, this mocktail is full of flavour to enjoy while curled up on the couch. At only 20-30 calories, this is a tasty, detoxifying substitute for a cocktail.
The “Well-behaved” Detox Mocktail
- 200 ml water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar raw, unfiltered
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 dash cayenne pepper according to taste
- Soda water
- lemon slice for garnish
- Mix cold water, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, turmeric and cayenne pepper in a shaker.
- Shake well and pour into a glass over ice cubes.
- Top with soda water and a lemon slice.
- Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar has the most health benefits — but can be exchanged for a regular apple cider vinegar.
- Adjust to your taste — add more or less of the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and turmeric.