Chicken is one of my favourite meats to incorporate into a balanced diet. It’s a great lean protein, and chicken breast, in particular, is a filling, versatile meat that can be cooked and flavoured any way you can think of. Looking at a cooked chicken breast, you wouldn’t necessarily think there’s a lot of protein. But one boneless, skinless chicken breast has about 128g of protein — perfect fuel for your muscles — is is very low in sodium.
Baking chicken is one of the healthiest ways to eat chicken breast. The below recipe for easy baked chicken is quick, tasty, and one that’s been in my lunch and dinner arsenal for a while. I love to make a few and slice up the leftovers to store in the fridge to add cold to salads or to an omelette.
Easy Baked Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (enough to coat chicken)
- 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano or basil (your preference) (your preference)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking dish with parchment (or baking) paper; or use a cast iron pan (my fave!)
- Rub chicken with olive oil and spices and make sure the breasts are coated evenly with seasoning. Transfer chicken to the pan.
- Cook for 20-25 min. Cooking time will depend on how large the chicken breasts are. If using a meat thermometre, you want the internal temperature to be 165°F (75°C). Alternatively, cut into the middle of the meat to make sure there isn't any pink left.
- Let cool for 2min. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this easy baked chicken dish. Find more healthy eating recipes I love here!